The McLaren GT 2023 arrives with stunning design, incredible performance, gran turismo traits including increased ride comfort, best-in-class mpg figures and reliability
Acceleration is brisk, and the Grand Tourer will still manage to cruise over 200 mph, which is actually quite significant. The Mclaren GT sits between the Mclaren Sports series and the Super series and ispits the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera and the Bentley Continental GT.
Mclaren GT price and which one to buy
McLaren sells the GT in a single trim level decked out with enough amenities to please the typical buyer in this class. The vehicle features a staggered wheel design, with 20-inch wheels at the front and 21-inch wheels at the rear.
Every GT coupe comes with tech features like navigation and driver assistance, like a backup camera. McLaren offers a long list of options for the GT, including an upgraded sound system and rear privacy glass.
Advantages and disadvantages
- brilliant performance
- spacious cabin
- awesome looks
- F1 racing pedigree
- A supercar with all the letters
- Entry and exit may be difficult for some
- Not as practical as some of its competitors
- Hard seats discourage road trips
- It is mistaken for a Corvette
- By 2023, McLaren is rolling out a three-year service plan on top of the already established three-year powertrain and limited warranties: all three coverages have unlimited mileage.
- Also added to the 2023 GT is a new Stealth Badge package, a branded armrest option, and two new exterior shades: Storm Gray and Volcano Yellow.
Mclaren GT 2023: Features
the mclaren gt, As part of being a supercar, it is offered in a standard form. Rest depends on customers to give it their favorite touches. You can get anything in the GT, but at a price.
The exterior of the GT features self-leveling LED headlights and a glazed tailgate, it also comes with rain-sensing wipers, dihedral doors and tilt-back heated door mirrors. The interior of the GT has manually adjustable leather sports seatsdual-zone automatic climate control, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, as well as a seven-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth, FM radio, etc.
Mclaren GT engine, transmission and performance
The Mclaren Grand Tourer is almost as fast and similar to any other sports car on the road. The Grand Tourer holds its own in traffic, but when you switch to sport mode, that’s when you experience the true sports car feeling.
The twin-turbo V8 engine produces 612 horsepower, which is more than enough to get you cruising. Associated with a seven-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the rear wheels. Breakneck acceleration is one of the GT’s many performance strengths.
The company claims that the coupe accelerates from zero to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds. The GT comes with launch control and features that work to optimize acceleration from a standing start. The vehicle’s ride quality is comfortable enough to make it an enjoyable choice for everyday driving, and the GT offers a choice of drive modes that allow you to customize the car’s handling to your liking.
2023 Mclaren GT: Real World Fuel Economy & MPG
According to McLaren, the GT gets a mileage of 15/22 mpg city/highway. That puts it behind Aston’s DB11, a rival with fuel economy that goes up to 18/24 mpg.
For more information on the GT’s fuel economy, visit the EPA website.
Mclaren GT interior, comfort and cargo
One feature that is unusual among grand tourers is that this McLaren is accessed through dihedral doors. Relative to the other models in this class, the GT has a disadvantage when it comes to passenger capacity. Although most models in this segment seat four or more passengers, the GT only seats two.
On the other hand, the cabin is more luxurious than a typical McLaren, with extensive use of supple leather. Nappa leather upholstery is standard, with options such as cashmere and microfiber offered. An optional panoramic glass roof lets natural light into the cabin. The glass roof is available with an electrochromic feature that allows you to switch from opaque to various levels of transparency at the touch of a button. The GT offers generous cargo capacity for this class.
In the rear, there is rear luggage space that offers 15 cubic feet of storage. There’s also a front trunk that offers an additional 5 cubic feet, bringing total cargo capacity to 20 cubic feet.
Mclaren GT 2023: Infotainment and connectivity
The GT’s tech features include a 7.0-inch portrait-style touchscreen, which the automaker says its graphics were inspired by those used on private jets. SiriusXM Satellite Radio and navigation are standard, as is a four-speaker sound system. Additionally, a 12-speaker Bowers & Wilkins system is available as an option.
Safety and driver assistance features of the 2023 Mclaren GT
Driver assistance features such as blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and forward collision warning are not offered with the GT. Key security features include:
- standard backup camera
2023 Mclaren GT Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
The GT’s powertrain and limited warranty coverage is similar to the protection offered by Aston Martin and Bentley rivals; however, McLaren has added a three-year service plan to new car purchases starting with the GT’s 2023 model year.
- Limited warranty covers three years or unlimited miles
- Powertrain warranty covers three years or unlimited miles
- Service plan coverage for three years or unlimited miles
Rivals of the Mclaren GT
Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
Bentley Continental GT
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Mclaren GT technical sheet
2020 McLaren GT
Type of motor
- mid-engine, rear-wheel drive, 2-passenger, 2-door hatchback
Estimated base prices
- US$256,125 (base price: $213,195)
Type of motor
DOHC 32-valve V-8 with twin turbocharger and intercooler, aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection
- 244 in3, 3994 cm3
- 612 horsepower at 7500 rpm
- 465 pound-feet at 5,500 rpm
- 7-speed dual-clutch automatic
- Suspension (F/R): Control Arms/Control Arms
- Brakes (F/R): 14.4-inch vented cross-drilled disc / 13.9-inch vented cross-drilled disc
- Tyres: Pirelli P Zero PZ4, F: 225/30R-20 (90Y) MC R: 295/30R-21 (102Y) MC
- Wheelbase: 105.3 inches
- Length: 184.4 in
- Width: 80.5 inches
- Height: 47.8 inches
- Cargo Volume (F/R): 5/15 ft3
- Curb Weight: 3464 lbs.
C/D test results
- Deploy, 1 ft: 0.2 s
- 60 mph: 2.8 seconds
- 100 mph: 6.1 seconds
- 130 mph: 10.1 seconds
- 150 mph: 14.2 seconds
- 170 mph: 21.0 seconds
- Rolling start, 5 to 60 mph: 3.8 seconds
- Top gear, 30–50 mph: 2.8 seconds
- Top gear, 50–70 mph: 2.7 seconds
- ¼ mile: 10.7 seconds at 133 mph
- Top speed (mfr claim): 203 mph
- Braking, 70–0 mph: 151 ft
- Braking, 100–0 mph: 300 feet
- Road resistance, 300-foot diameter skid pad: 1.01 g
Fuel economy C/D
- Observed: 18 mpg
EPA fuel economy
- Combined/city/highway: 17/15/21 mpg
The McLaren GT 2023 It’s a really good sport touring that can be comfortable to drive to the office or around the track. If you can afford a $200,000 car, we suggest you go ahead and spend a little more on something like the 2023 Mclaren GT. Not only does it give you a bargain in performance, but you also get a grand tourer that can help you out. comfortably on weekend trips. The GT may be the most practical McLaren, but it’s still a McLaren, and that means you can feel the monster of the track lurking inside, ready to explode the moment you step on the accelerator.
2023 McLaren GT Videos
IT MAY INTEREST YOU:
- The 5 best sports cars of 2023 (+ Prices, Images and videos)
- The 10 best brands of sports cars