Kia Rio 2023 continues to stand out in the market for being the best in cheap and easy transportation, Furthermore, it comes with excellent build quality and good warranty package.
Many of its competitors, like the Chevy Sonic, Honda Fit, and Toyota Yaris, have since been replaced by larger, more expensive crossovers, but the Rio hasn’t, and it’s one of the best of the few remaining subcompact models on the market.
Kia Rio prices and which one to buy
LX Sedan: $17,875
S sedan: $18,515
S hatchback: $18,815
View this car for sale in the US
The several hundred dollars that separate the base Rio LX from the S model is thought to be worth the extra. It’s worth mentioning that the latter adds a center armrest, cruise control, rear USB outlet, split-folding rear seat with adjustable headrests, and keyless entry.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Controlled handling and comfortable ride
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto standard
- Extraordinary build quality
- Good build package
- Limited standard features on base trim
- limited cargo space
- no manual transmission
The new Kia Rio 2023
- Kia makes no major changes to the little Rio for 2023
- Its only notable revision is the addition of an oil level sensor that will notify the driver if the oil level needs to be topped up.
Kia Rio 2023: Features
Power for the 2023 Kia Rio comes from a 120-hp inline-four engine mated to a continuously variable automatic transmission. The Rio’s lack of power may make speeding tickets an urban legend, but it deserves some credit for a well-tuned suspension.
As one of the cheapest cars sold today, the Rio’s standard equipment makes it a tempting option, and its low price makes it a no-brainer in the sub-$20,000 market.
Kia Rio engine, transmission and performance
Kia Rio 2023 is powered by a 1.6-liter inline-four engine with 120 horsepowerand the only transmission option is a continuously variable automatic.
This car soaks up bumps well for such a small car thanks to its solid frame and well-tuned suspension. Plus, it does a good job of controlling body roll in corners.
- Note that the numb steering doesn’t communicate as much as desired, but it does have a nice weight to it and is accurate
2023 Kia Rio: Real World MPG and Fuel Economy
The EPA estimates that the Rio sedan and hatchback will get 32 mpg city and 41 highway. These figures are identical to those of the 2022 Hyundai Accent and slightly better than 2022 Nissan Versa.
Learn more about this car’s fuel economy by visiting the EPA website.
Kia Rio interior, comfort and cargo
It comes with a clean and easy to use dashboard with climate and audio controls. True, there’s a lot of hard plastic, but it’s nicely textured, and the overall look of the interior is mature and sophisticated for a subcompact.
The Kia’s front-seat room is more adequate, but rear-seat passengers won’t be as happy due to restricted legroom. Its center console is competitively sized, as are the door pockets.
Kia Rio 2023: Infotainment and connectivity
It comes standard with an 8.0-inch touchscreen that offers the latest wireless smartphone mirroring options for Apple and Android phones.
An upgraded infotainment system is optional on the S trim level which adds Kia’s UVO telematics system and Sirius XM satellite radio.
2023 Kia Rio Driver Assistance and Safety Features
Rio is available with forward collision warning, lane keep assist, and automated emergency braking. However, the base models lack such equipment.
Security features include:
- Available forward collision warning and automated emergency braking
- Available lane departure warning and keep assist
2023 Kia Rio Maintenance and Warranty Coverage
Kia has a well-established reputation for amazing warranty coverage, and the Rio nearly matches the Accent at the top of the segment.
- Limited warranty covers 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Powertrain warranty covers 10 years or 100,000 miles
- No free scheduled maintenance
2023 Kia Rio Rivals
2023 Nissan Versa
Mitsubishi Mirage G4
2022 Mitsubishi Mirage
Kia Rio technical sheet
2021 Kia Rio S Hatchback
- Front engine, front wheel drive, 5 passenger, 4 door hatchback
- Basis: $17,985 / $20,200
- Options: Tech Package, $1,800; rugs, 155; Cargo Mat with Back Protection, $115; cargo mat, $95; cargo net, $50
- 16-valve DOHC inline-4, aluminum block and cylinder head, port fuel injection
- 98 in3, 1598 cm3
- 112 pound-feet at 4,500 rpm
- Continuously Variable Automatic/Direct Transmission
- Suspension, F/R: Spot/Torsion Bar
- Brakes, F/R: 11.8-inch ventilated disc/8.0-inch drum
- Tyres: Continental ProContact TX
- 185/65R-15 88H M+S
- Wheelbase: 101.6 inches
- Length: 160.0 in
- Width: 67.9 inches
- Height: 75.1″
- Passenger volume: 90 ft3
- Cargo Volume: 17 ft3
- Curb weight: 2893 pounds
- 60 mph: 8.6 seconds
- ¼ mile: 16.8 seconds at 83 mph
- 100 mph: 27.4 seconds
The above results omit a 1 foot deployment of 0.3 seconds
- Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 9.0 s
- Top gear, 30 to 50 mph: 4.3 seconds
- Top gear, 50-70 mph: 5.9 seconds
- Top Speed (C/D est): 120 mph
- Braking, 70-0 mph: 190 feet
- Road resistance, 300 ft. slip platform: 0.80 g
Fuel economy C/D
- Observed: 32 mpg
- Highway driving at 75 mph: 39 mpg
- Freeway range: 460 mi
EPA fuel economy
- Combined/City/Highway: 36/33/41 mpg
2023 Kia Rio It comes with excellent build quality and good warranty package. The several hundred dollars that separate the base Rio LX from the S model is thought to be worth the extra. It is worth mentioning that the latter adds very important features.
Pictures of Kia Rio 2023Kia Rio 2023
Kia Rio 2023 Videos