For drivers who frequently commit violations on the road, the Government of Mexico City offers a new discount up to 90%, but to opt for it you must cancel within 10 days.
That said, the fines that apply for said discount are those that are issued by agents authorized to infringe of the Traffic Control Police of the Secretariat of Citizen Security of CDMX.
Fines that apply to 90%
The information has already been published in the official gazette, which details the list of infractions which can be discounted. The list is as follows:
- Indicate lane change
- Motorcyclists must travel in a full lane
- Seat belt use
- In the event of a fortuitous event, you must stop and place emergency devices
- Accompanying motorcyclists must wear a helmet
- Do not exceed the number of people on a motorcycle
- Vehicles must have headlights, taillights, and horn with audible sound
- It is prohibited to install in vehicles devices similar to those used by emergency vehicles 5 to 10
- Drivers must have a valid license
- Give preference of way to pedestrians
- Obey the instructions of traffic agents
- Respect traffic lights
- Preference should be given to non-motorized vehicles
- It is forbidden to tow vehicles except by means of a tow truck
- Motorcyclists are prohibited from traveling through areas reserved for pedestrians and between lanes
- It is forbidden to park a vehicle on pedestrian paths
- Give preference to emergency vehicles
- They cannot circulate in restricted areas or pedestrian sidewalks
- Drivers may not make prohibited turns
- Forbidden to circulate in exclusive public transport lanes
- Motorcyclists may not ride in lanes confined to cyclists or public transportation
- It is prohibited to organize or participate in vehicular competitions on public roads
- Modifications to the exhaust pipe or films with sunscreen greater than 20% are prohibited.
- Vehicles must carry license plates, decals and a valid circulation card
- Drivers are not allowed to use the phone in circulation
Infractions that do not apply
- Infractions through cameras and radars
- photocivic cameras
- Confined lane cameras
- Bus cameras in confined lanes
- Parking meter area violations
- environmental sanctions
It is worth mentioning that, after the 10-day period, you cannot opt for the 90% discount, but you can opt for a 50% discount valid for 30 business days after the fine.
Now, if that period of more than one month is exceeded, there will be no discount options and the full penalty would have to be paid.
Where to check if I have fines?
Drivers who want to get up to date with traffic violations can consult the https address://estrados.cdmx.gob.mx/ where they can also make the corresponding payment in case they do not want to go to the Citizen Attention Offices.
Writing New Electric Autos Source: motorpassion