The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban is characterized by its spaceis ideal for comfortably transporting 8 people.
A pair of V-8s and a 6-cylinder diesel complete the Suburban’s lineup of engines. They all hook up to a 10-speed automatic transmission and rear- or four-wheel drive.
Chevrolet Suburban price and which one to buy
High Country: $78,945
It is advised to opt for the RST, stands out a lot for its sporty image that includes darkened exterior trim and 22-inch wheels. Given a choice of three engines, choose the diesel engine for its fuel efficiency and effortless power.
Advantages and disadvantages
- It is one of the best large SUVs
- extremely spacious
- Attractive 420-hp V-8 and turbo-diesel engines
- The fuel economy of the V-8 engines is mediocre
- Not-so-luxurious interior finishes on the highest levels
- More options increase the price a lot
New Chevrolet Suburban 2023
- While the Chevrolet Suburban is largely the same this year, GM’s Super Cruise hands-free driving technology is now available on Premier and High Country trim levels.
- Additionally, new exterior colors such as Silver Sage Metallic, Sterling Gray Metallic and Radiant Red Tintcoat are available.
- Suburban LS, LT, RST and Premier can be equipped with a blacked-out grille.
2023 Chevrolet Suburban: Features
The Chevrolet Suburban’s trio of engines is a highlight, especially the 420-hp V-8 and torque-rich 6-cylinder diesel. Regardless of what’s under the hood, the SUV is very agile.
Don’t spend money on the fancier model, as it’s not all that luxurious. Despite some pricey options and lackluster fuel economy from the V-8s, the sophisticated 2023 Suburban is one of the best large SUVs around.
Chevrolet Suburban engine, transmission and performance
A pair of V-8s and a 6-cylinder diesel complete the Suburban’s powertrain lineup. They all hook up to a 10-speed automatic transmission and rear- or four-wheel drive.
A 355-hp 5.3-liter V-8 is the default engine in all but the top-tier High Country trim. It has a standard 420-hp 6.2-liter V-8 engine, however it can also be equipped with the optional 3.0-liter 6-cylinder diesel. While the latter only pumps out 277 horses, its 460 pound-feet of torque matches that of the larger V-8.
Those who want sporty styling, such as blacked-out exterior trim and 22-inch wheels, should check out the RST model.. The tougher-looking Z71 trim level has 20-inch wheels wrapped with off-road tires, underbody skid guards, and a 2-speed transfer case that provides traditional four-wheel drive.
2023 Chevrolet Suburban Towing Capacity and Payload
The rear-wheel-drive Chevrolet Suburban equipped with the 355-hp 5.3-liter V-8 is the one with better towing capacity over 8,300 pounds when offered as an option with the available Max Trailering Package. For its part, the four-wheel-drive diesel Suburban has the lowest amount of maximum towing: a capacity of 7,800 pounds.
2023 Chevrolet Suburban: Fuel Economy
This model is most efficient when equipped with the available diesel engine, with ratings of 21 mpg city and 27 highway.
The standard 5.3-liter V-8 is estimated to be slightly more economical around town than the optional 6.2-liter V-8, but both are rated at 20 mpg on the highway. For more information on the Suburban’s fuel economy, visit the EPA website.
Chevrolet Suburban interior, comfort and cargo
The Suburban comes with a large cargo space. The second and third rows get a couple more inches of legroom, and the second-row seats add adjustments so they can slide back and forth.
The cargo area expands by 23 cubic feet (145 total); the load floor is flatter and lower. Most of its popular options, like wireless phone charging and heated and ventilated seats, were previously available, but its head-up display is bigger than before.
- A 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster comes standard starting on the LT model
Chevrolet Suburban 2023: Infotainment and connectivity
Along with an optional rear-seat entertainment system that includes two 12.6-inch screens mounted behind the front seats, each model has abundant charging ports throughout the cabin and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
A standard 10-inch touch screen is installed in the center console and supports the function Apple Car Play Y Android Auto.
2023 Chevrolet Suburban Driver Assistance and Safety Features
Suburban features a suite of standard driver-assist technologies, as well as innovative towing aids. Security features include:
- Standard forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking
- Standard lane departure warning and lane keeping assist
- Available rear blind-spot monitoring and cross-traffic alert
2023 Chevrolet Suburban Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
Chevrolet provides a competitive limited and powertrain warranty, as well as more complimentary maintenance than all but Toyota’s rivals.
- Limited warranty covers 3 years or 36,000 miles
- Powertrain warranty covers 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Complimentary maintenance is covered for the first visit
2023 Chevrolet Suburban Rivals
GMC Yukon / Yukon XL
Ford Expedition/ Expedition Max
Chevrolet Suburban technical sheet
2021 Chevrolet Suburban 4WD High Country
- Front engine, rear/4 wheel drive, 7 passenger, 4 door wagon
Price according to the test
- $84,045 (base price: $76,595)
Type of motor
- Pushrod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection
- 376 in3, 6162 cm3
- 420 horsepower at 5600 rpm
- 460 pound-feet at 4,100 rpm
- 10-speed automatic
- Suspension (F/R): Control Arms/Trailing Arms
- Brakes (F/R): 13.5-inch ventilated disc / 13.6-inch ventilated disc
- Tires: Bridgestone Alenza A/S 02, 275/50R-22 111H M+S TPC SPEC 3156MS
- Wheelbase: 134.1 inches
- Length: 225.7 inches
- Width: 81.1 in
- Height: 75.7 in
- Passenger volume: 176 ft3
- Cargo Volume: 42 ft3
- Curb Weight: 6,121 lbs.
C/D test results
- 60 mph: 6.1 seconds
- 100 mph: 15.7 seconds
- Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 6.5 seconds
- Top gear, 30-50 mph: 3.3 seconds
- Top speed, 50-70 mph: 4.3 seconds
- 1/4 mile: 14.5 seconds at 96 mph
- Top speed (limited governor): 113 mph
- Braked, 70-0 mph: 166 feet
- Road support, 300 ft diameter pad skid: 0.75 g
- Standstill acceleration times omit the 0.3 second 1 foot display
Fuel Economy C/D
- Observed: 11 mpg
EPA fuel economy
- Combined/city/highway: 16/14/19 mpg
The 2023 Chevrolet Suburban It is a spacious and comfortable van, ideal for transporting 8 people. This model is most efficient when equipped with the available diesel engine, with ratings of 21 mpg city and 27 highway. It certainly shines with its confident road manners, roomy interior, and solid towing capacity, though all that capability comes at a painful price at the pump.
2023 Chevrolet Suburban Videos
IT MAY INTEREST YOU:
- The 5 best SUVs with three rows of seats of 2023 (+ IMAGES AND VIDEOS)