BMW X4 M 2023 is a very eye-catching car, Plus, the cabin surroundings are pretty upscale and there’s plenty of space for most adults to get comfortable.
Luxurious and sporty, the X4 M’s cabin is made of the highest quality materials, its design is driver-focused and it’s easy to find the right seating position.
BMW X4 M price and which one to buy
X4M Competition: $84,395
The Competition model’s higher-output engine is attractive, but its unforgiving suspension setup is too stiff for everyday driving. Instead, we recommend the more compatible and still quite powerful standard X4 M. With the Driving Assistance Plus package, which adds adaptive cruise control and more advanced driver assistance features; the Executive package with an onboard Wi-Fi hotspot, a head-up display, heated front and rear seats, a heated steering wheel, a wireless charging pad for smartphones, and an automatic parking function.
Advantages and disadvantages
- The cabin with materials of the highest quality
- The surroundings of the cabin are quite exclusive
- There is plenty of space for adults
- Excellent for cornering
- Poor ride quality
- Polarized cheeky look
- Less cargo space than the X3 M
The new of BWM X4 M 2023
- Following its complete facelift for the 2022 model year, BMW has made no changes to the X4 M and X4 M Competition for 2023.
2023 BMW X4 M: Features
BMW incorporates a sports suspension with sharp enough handling to allow drivers to rock the X4 M down a race track and keep up with most sports cars anywhere.
The cabin surroundings are quite exclusive and there is plenty of room for most adults to be comfortable, however, tall people may find the headroom a bit tight. Other sloped-roof SUVs suffer the same, but buyers who need to maximize interior space in the name of style can opt for the BMW X3M.
BMW X4 M engine, transmission and performance
In this section we tell you that both models come with an inline-6 turbo, standard all-wheel drive, and an 8-speed automatic transmission. The X4 M’s engine makes 473 horsepower, but the Competition model makes up to 503.
When the Competition was tested, it delivered fantastic acceleration, jumping to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds. This beats the X4’s main rival, the Mercedes-AMG GLC63, which went from zero to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds. In fact, the X4 M Competition outperformed the famous sports sedan bmw m3.
2023 BMW X4 M: Real World Fuel Economy and MPG
The X4 M’s EPA fuel economy ratings are atrocious at 15 mpg city, 20 mpg highway, and 17 mpg combined. The V-8-powered GLC63 Coupe gets ratings up to 22 mpg highway, and the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio It is rated at 23 mpg highway.
Fortunately, the X4 M Competition performs much better than expected in the real world. It wowed on a 200-mile highway fuel economy route by delivering 26 mpg; the Stelvio Quadrifoglio got just 21 mpg, and the GLC63 Coupe was good at just 20 mpg.
- Learn more about the X4 M’s fuel economy by visiting the EPA website
BMW X4 M interior, comfort and cargo
A host of luxury features are standard, including 14-way power-adjustable front seats, leather upholstery, a power liftgate, 2-zone automatic climate control, interior ambient lighting, heated front seats, and a panoramic sunroof.
Cargo space is more limited here than in the X3 Mbut you can still fit 8 carry-on bags behind the rear seat, and a total of 18 with the rear seats folded.
BMW X4 M 2023: Infotainment and connectivity
All X4 M models come with a 12.3-inch infotainment touchscreen with the latest version of BMW’s iDrive interface.
Navigation is standard and all models come with Apple Car Play and Android Auto. The X4 M and X4 M Competition models come standard with a 12.3-inch reconfigurable digital meter display.
2023 BMW X4 M Driver Assistance and Safety Features
BMW provides its Active Driving Assistant package, which includes basic driver assistance features. Security features include:
- Standard automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Standard lane departure warning
- Available adaptive cruise control
For more information on the crash test results of BMW X4 M, by visiting the websites of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
2023 BMW X4 M Warranty and Maintenance Coverage
The X4 M and X4 M Competition come with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and a free three-year/36,000-mile scheduled maintenance plan. Mercedes-AMG does not provide such a maintenance plan, but the Jaguar F-Pace SVR it beats the BMW with longer warranty terms and up to five years of free maintenance.
- Limited warranty covers 4 years or 50,000 miles
- Powertrain warranty covers 4 years or 50,000 miles
- Courtesy maintenance is covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles
BMW X4 M Rivals
Porsche Macan Turbo
Mercedes-AMG GLC43 4Matic / GLC63 4Matic
BMW X4 M technical sheet
BMW X4 M Competition 2022
- Front engine, all wheel drive, 5 passenger, 4 door hatchback
Price according to the test
- $86,345 (base price: $81,595)
Type of motor
- Twin turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 24-valve inline-6, aluminum block and head, direct fuel injection
- 183 cu in, 2993 cc
- 503 horsepower at 6250 rpm
- 479 pound-feet at 2,750 rpm
- 8-speed automatic
- Suspension, F/R: struts/multilink
- Brakes, Front/Right: 15.6-inch vented cross-drilled disc/14.6-inch vented cross-drilled disc
- Tyres: Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
- F: 255/40ZR-21 (102Y) ★
- R: 265/40ZR-21 (105Y) ★
- Wheelbase: 112.8 inches
- Length: 187.5 in
- Width: 75.9 inches
- Height: 63.8 inches
- Passenger volume: 96 ft3
- Cargo Volume: 24 ft3
- Curb Weight: 4,555 lbs.
CD test result
- 60 mph: 3.2 seconds
- 100 mph: 8.0 seconds
- 1/4 mile: 11.6 seconds at 119 mph
- 130 mph: 14.5 seconds
- 150 mph: 22.0 seconds
The above results omit a 0.2 second 1 foot rollout.
- Rolling start, 5 to 60 mph: 4.4 seconds
- Top gear, 30 to 50 mph: 2.5 seconds
- Top gear, 50 to 70 mph: 3.0 s
- Top speed (mfr claim): 177 mph
- Braking, 70–0 mph: 154 ft
- Braking, 100–0 mph: 300 feet
- Road resistance, 300 ft. slip platform: 0.96 g
DC fuel economy
- Observed: 19 mpg
- Highway driving at 75 mph: 24 mpg
- Freeway range: 410 mi
EPA fuel economy
- Combined/city/highway: 17/15/20 mpg
2023 BMW X4M It’s a lovely car, it has a striking appearance and quite a comfortable interior. It is recommended to choose the Competition model and the Driving Assistance Plus package. The X4 M lives up to its coupe styling with performance and handling that rivals that of an M3 sedan.
Videos of BMW X4 M 2023
IT MAY INTEREST YOU:
- Top 10 BMW Accessories 2023